Instagram and its parent company, Facebook, require that you connect an Instagram Business account to Juicer before you can create an Instagram hashtag source. For more background, read the "How to create an Instagram hashtag source" article.
If you don't have an Instagram Business account, please follow the below steps to create one. You can use either the desktop method or mobile app method. The desktop method is generally recommended for reliability.
Please note that this article assumes you already have the following three things:
- A personal Facebook account. If not, create one at facebook.com.
- A Facebook business page that you can connect to an Instagram account. If you need to create a business page, you can do so starting here.
- A regular, non-business Instagram account. If not, create one at instagram.com.
For our purposes, the Facebook business page and Instagram account can be anything at all. They do not need to be for any particular business, or even for a real business.
Creating an Instagram for Business account (Desktop method)
- Log into your Facebook account at facebook.com
- Click the main menu button in the upper-right corner (the small triangle) and select "Manage Pages"
- You will see a list of Facebook business pages that you manage. Select the page that you can connect to an Instagram account.
- When you arrive on that page, click "Settings" (near the upper-right of the page)
- Along the left-hand menu, click "Instagram"
- On the right, you can now log into the Instagram account that you want to switch to a Business account. Simply input your login details.
- Once this is linked, you should see the option to "Switch to Business Account" (still within the "Instagram" tab from step 5). Select this option.
- Your Instagram Business account is now set up. You can link it to Juicer following the instructions here.
Creating an Instagram for Business account (Mobile app method)
- Using the Instagram mobile app on your phone or tablet, log into your regular, non-business Instagram account.
2. Tap the menu icon in the upper-right
3. Select "Settings"
4. Select "Account"
5. Select "Switch to Professional Account"
6. Select "Business"
7. Your account is now an Instagram for Business account. You must connect this to a Facebook business page by selecting "Settings", then "Account", then "Linked Accounts". If you don't have a Facebook business page, you can actually create one from the Instagram app, as well, as it will give you the option to do this with a simple tap. Or, you can do these last steps on a desktop computer.
8. Once you have linked your Instagram Business account to a Facebook page, you can connect it to Juicer following the instructions here.